The first class seats were treated with sanding sealer and then painted with acrylic matt paint and I stained the third class benches. Once these benches were dry I ran an indelible marker pen down the grooves to emphasise the slatted nature of the seats.
The seating and rug were then glued in place, followed by the glazing which was cut from a GRS coach glazing strip. Once that was done, the passengers were glued to their seats. After fixing the guard's seat I fitted a brake standard into the brake compartment and glued in the guard, with the added reinforcement of a brass pin up his leg and into a hole in the floor. I used Evo Stik Serious Glue for fixing the seats, passengers and glazing, once the roof goes on I don't want anything to come loose and rattle round inside. I have made the daring or possibly foolhardy decision not to make the roof removable as it is easier to fix it permanently.