Construction was not without its problems, I had to return some parts as they were lacking in surface detail, namely: the roof; doors; chimney stacks. Mike at Pendle Valley told me that the moulds for these parts were the originals from the former owners, Lineside Delights, and they were life expired. Mike said he would make new moulds for these parts and send replacements; which he did.
The tops of the roof sections were not square; I removed almost 1/4 inch of material to get them straight. I then noticed that the front wall was a fair bit smaller than the rear wall: I therefore decided to cut down the rear wall. Luckily I have a bandsaw and I was able to remove 1/2 inch in length and 1/4 inch in height from that section, tilting the bandsaw table to 45 degrees to get the bevel on the edge. I also had to take 1/4 inch off the bottom of the end walls to match and 1/2 inch off the ends of the roof sections.
I also modified the clear resin canopy by overlaying the moulded framing with plastic strip; this was done to give better definition and an improved surface for painting: clear resin is poor surface for holding on to paint. I added planked plastic sheet to the sides and front of the canopy and extended the valancing to include the canopy ends as well as the front. The matching valancing was purchased from Garden Railway Specialists.
The building is now complete and the photos below show some of the stages of construction.