Not much work is required on the cab and tanks, I tried to remove the Peveril nameplates, to no avail, so I have filed the lettering off to slim the plates down a bit, and I have ordered a set of MDC plates to cover them up; I opted for the name Culdaff in the end. Apart from painting, the only other mod for the cab and side tanks is to fit a tool box to the top of the LH side tank.
I have temporarily removed the copper chimney cap while I work on the chimney and smokebox. I have replaced the dart wheel with a dart handle from DJB Engineering. The handrail knobs have been removed from the smokebox sides and holes need to be drilled in the front of the smokebox in their new location. The old handrail knob holes and the safety valve fixing hole in the top of the boiler need to be filled, that's the next job.