After ordering replacement nameplates, I finally managed to remove the Peveril plates; however, the very nice people at MDC made my Culdaff plates to the exact dimensions of the Peveril ones, and these cover the marks left by the originals perfectly.
The bodywork has received several coats of paint, two coats of brush applied Humbrol matt black 33, and once the company crests were added, all the matt black received a top coat of satin varnish enamel from a Humbrol spray can. I rather like the finish, which looks like a dark charcoal shade. The interior of the cab above waist height retains the original Indian Red paint.
In the meantime, my friend Chris turned the Roundhouse dome in his lathe, it is now a very good representation of the original, the work had to be done with great care as the brass is not very thick in places.
After painting, plastic glazing was added to the cab windows, and then the boiler, cab and smokebox were reunited with the chassis. The water feed pipes were cut and shaped to give the impression that they run behind the side tanks, rather than over the top of the lower tanks on Peveril. I made a toolbox from Plastikard and this was fixed to the top of the tank on the left side; tank fillers have also been added near the front of both tanks.
The couplings still need to be added at the correct scale height of 1ft 10 1/2 ins, the front buffer beam should in fact be lower, but the frames would need to be altered in order to facilitate this, I will just lower the coupling; the rear buffer beam has been re-profiled with angled ends, as fitted to the Irish locos.
Once the buffers and couplings are complete, the final jobs will be to fix the dome and sprung levers (from DJB Engineering) to the top of the boiler, and fabricate a strap that runs over the boiler, holding the side tanks together.