I had purchased a sheet of brass from Worsley Works to make the roof but I have put this to one side for a future project and I cut the roof from a sheet of thin ply instead. I sprayed the inside white, to help reflect the LED light down into the coach interior. I then glued the roof in place with 'Serious Glue' and held it in place with a lot of elastic bands until the glue set. After that I covered the roof with a sheet of office paper cut to size to represent canvas and to hide the wood grain of the ply, this was glued on with diluted PVA adhesive. I made a pair of rain strips from 1/16" strip wood and fixed these in position with PVA.
It was then time to paint the roof, I used satin black paint in error and so once this had dried I applied a coat of matt black. Then it was time to apply the transfers, once these were dry I applied varnish to them and had a bit of a disaster. The varnish reacted with the paint and started removing it! I managed to bodge a cosmetic repair with the aid of a spray can and the result is acceptable but there are a few blemishes. Once that was sorted the the bogies were reattached after greasing the bearings. Job done!