I had several yard lengths of Peco rail left over after track laying was completed in June 2014. I cut these into 20ft scale lengths (1 foot actual size), and ended up with 14 lengths in total. I cut two short pieces of rail to hold the rails together in order to stop them falling off the wagons. After offering up the two outer rails to the pair of bolsters, and marking them to indicate where they line up with the inside edge of each bolster, leaving room for a bit of play, I laid the rails out upside down and side by side, in a slightly random manner. I then soldered the short pieces to the underside of each rail, lining them up with the markings I had made. The resulting assembly was quite heavy and substantial.
The rail assembly was then sprayed with red oxide auto primer and once dry, the rails were hand painted with acrylic 'rust' paint. The two short supporting pieces were painted matt black.
Once in position on the bolsters, the support pieces are barely visible, but they do hold the load together and prevent the rails from slipping off.